Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please sir (universe)...can I have a break

I've realised that I really am a complete workaholic. I love what I do and I'm seriously passionate about my career, but sometimes I just don't know when to stop.

I have really been optimistic and done my best to keep my chin up, a smile on my face and to keep on at it ...it being the treadmill.
I am, however, exhausted.
It's not just about working my ass to the bone, I've had a hectic year so far.

2009 has thrown a lot at me and we're only in April. It's not a "woe-is-me" type of thing, but I do kinda feel like I'm being tested. I'm certainly not testing fate when I say: "What else do you wanna throw at me, huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Guess what, you've thrown a lot my way and I'm still standing."
I am physically exhausted, emotionally drained and just basically done.
I have decided to do something very un-Blondie like and actually take leave. Even my bosses were shocked and I'm grateful they were so obliging.

I am going down to the coast for an entire week...Knysna to be exact and I'm so excited I might just have an orgasm on the spot.
I'm switching off my phone and I'm going to recharge my batteries and become human again.
I fly down on Monday morning and get back next Saturday.


Heaven.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! Beautiful pics!! Are you going to be staying at the castle?

Miss T said...

awe lass I hope you have a blast! Knysna is my fav spot :). My folks are there *sniff sniff*

Ruby said...

You certainly deserve the rest hun. Go switch off and recharge....I'll be praying for you:) It looks gorgeous!!! can't wait until you're back to see pictures:)
*hugs*

mylifescape said...

knysna is one of my favourite places on the planet!! And Noetsie is sooo stunning... truly heaven!! hope u had an amazing time!! x

steph anne said...

wow, that looks like a beautiful place! have fun! i hope you don't mind if i added your blog to my reader.