Thursday, May 15, 2008

I know I seem to be complaining a lot lately, but I'm just not very happy at the moment. I have made a "pact" with the universe and my body. I am determined to not get sick this winter.
I have never been very sickly and yet over the past few years I have scratched that record off my life CV.
I always get sick when a season changes. That's 4 times already. In winter I get sick 2 or 3 times throughout too.

I am also not one to run to the doctor at any sign of a sniffle, so that I can build up mu immune system. I pump myself with vitamins. In fact, I take so many tablets you could shake me and I'd rattle.

I have been taking my multi vitamin, eating oranges, washing my hands when I meet people, dressing conservatively when it's freezing and not really hanging around sick people.

Just yesterday afternoon, I told my team mate about the pact and he laughed saying that I should have made that pact with my toes.
Ok, it was one of those "you had to be there" funny moments.

I have woken up this morning and feel as if I have gargled with glass. My head is all stuffy and airy and my sinus' are in pain.
I AM SO F*CKED OFF ABOUT THIS.

I am sorry if I sound like a real bitchy snob now, but tough shit. I'm honest.
I do not DO pain and I do not DO sick.

I am miserable. Just bloody miserable. The world sucks. My world sucks.

Yeah, sure, go on!!! I know there's always one who will tell me that I should be grateful for what I have and that my life is not that bad ra ra ra ra etc...
But in my Blondie world and sure, a little selfish right now, I am miserable. Just deal, ok?

This cheered me up a little, though...

I promise...I'll be in a better mood tomorrow...fingers crossed.

15 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Aawww poor Blondie! :(

*virtual hugs so I don't get sick too*

Miss Caught Up said...

That's not good :( Hope you get better soon!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks Miss M!!! :-(

Hahha- clever idea with virtual hugs...just hope they don't carry a virus! LOL!

PS> Are you on Facebook?

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks Miss M!!! :-(

Hahha- clever idea with virtual hugs...just hope they don't carry a virus! LOL!

PS> Are you on Facebook?

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks Chronicles! It sucks.

zuzula said...

i hear you! day one of london sunshine and zuzula gets the biggest cold ever. My nose is peeling because i've been blowing it so much. Yuck! x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Oh no Zuzula! It's awful hey?
I cannot stand it!

MidniteGem said...

Hang in the Blondie - It will pass, you will be fine and you cant really help how you complicated body deals with the world around you. You just have to try and be aware what works and doesnt work for you. Trust me this is coming from someone who is seriously used to having a bad health status.

The Divine Miss M said...

@blondie - Yes I am, whyyyyyyy?

@gem - *virtual hugs for you toooooo*

Len said...

Hope you feel better soon!! I feel terrible too and I'm not even sick, if that makes you feel better ;)

Tamara said...

Being sick sucks eggs. Having just got over my bad spell and having had to spend 4 days in bed (boring!), I have sympathy.

Get well soon. And don't be a martyr - if you need to, stay home! Dr Tamara says so, k?

Supanova said...

Ah yessss..... nothin like a good ole tantrum to soothe the mind! I think we shud all be allowed our fair share of tantrumity especially when feeling as crappy as you are! Use it to your advantage *wink, wink*!

OMG Tamara 'Being sick SUCKS EGGS' - I swear I've never heard that before. I now have the grossest mental picture that I'm sure will haunt me for the next week or so! puke! LOL

Lady Leather said...

Oh nooooo! Being sick sucks toe jam!

Hope you feel better soon Blondie, and you dont have to blow streamers out your nose!

*hugs*

Tamara said...

Supanova: have you never heard that? I bet Happy Snapper's pic is even grosser for you... sucks toejam LMAO!

Blondie: How you feeling today?

Craig said...

100mg zinc per day.. make sure you eat beforehand otherwise your will feel terrible. your going to need to check the dosages on the bottles as most underdose. Solgar make a good one.

haven't had flu for 5 years.