Monday, October 27, 2008

Hickey's, watermelon, Sex and the City, mom and charity....you come up with a title for this! LOL

This weekends charity event was an interesting one. It got drenched. Wow and Wags Charity event was held outside with a small marquee for guests to enjoy champagne and canapes. Their actual seats for the show were outside. We had a small marquee for celebrities, make-up artists, hair stylists and wet dogs. It was chaos. Our marquee actually flooded and some bags were soaked. Designer gowns were soaked and we had to walk out onto the ramp, dog in one hand and umbrella in the other. It was tres interesting.
I know we wanted rain, hell, we bitched about the dryness, but hells bells, it sure made up for it on Saturday night. Hail, thunder, large droplets...it was proper.


When was the last time you got a hickey? No really. I discovered I had one on my shoulder...not an intentional-16-year-old-let's-give-you-a-hickey but rather a nuzzle that was harder than expected and left a purple mark. Dude. Not great. Not great when you have a strappy dress and the make-up atist whispers loudly: "Should I cover that with base?"
Isn't the purpose of a whisper to be discreet? I mean seriously. Why bother whispering? Why not announce it over the PA system?
Thing is I wasn't aware what "that" was.
So Blondie here, being...well, blonde says: "Cover what?"
"Your hickey!"
"Wh..what?"
At this stage a few people have gathered around to see what must have been Barney's purple head grinning at them on my neck.
Lovely.
They all gave me the look. The "I-know-what-you've-been-doing-Grrrrrrr!!!" look.
It turns out it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed and quite frankly it really can't quite be classified as a hickey. Right? It was a nuzzle. A loving nuzzle that left a mark. I'm putting it out there.


Today I went to visit mom. She's definitely doing better. I brought over watermelon and the Sex and the City Movie DVD. I bought it yesterday. I HAD to have it in my DVD Collection. I also found the Marilyn Munroe Complete DVD Collection. I've never seen a single movie with her in it, but strangely enough and I really can't explain it, but I'm fascinated by her.
I wanted to buy it without a hesitation, until I saw the price. Dear God! R2000! Um... Next time...ahem.

Anyway, so... mom and I were perched on the bed, watermelon on laps indulging in 2 hours of bliss. What a movie. I had forgotten how many sex scenes there were. Yes Blondie strikes again...
It doesn't matter how close you are to your mom, it is still awkward whenever any sex scene comes on screen it doesn't matter if it's 5 seconds or 5 minutes. Awkward.



I thought this was a fitting picture...Watermelon and Sex and The City ;-)

7 comments:

MidniteGem said...

Lol- I hate hickeys, Always have BUT i must say that there has been an a couple of occassions where things got out of hand and you dont realise that it has happened. BUT i have to tell you my worst story...My bf gave me a hickey on my cheek as a joke on holiday!!! I could have killed him! I had to walk around with a blue bruise on my face!

the marilyn monroe movie that is my fav that you just HAVE to watch is "some like it hot"! SO funny!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

heeheheee...hickeys are so funny...on other people! I dont like getting hickys anymore. They are hard to cover up. ;)

oooooh a marilyn manroe box set...but R2000 is a bit steep.

I LOVED the sex and the city Movie. I want to buy it too. :)

po said...

I love that picture. I hope your impression of Barney clears up soon :)

Champagne Heathen said...

I alway sget nervous whenever I hear that there was "haute couture" at a charity event. So how much money was raised for the charity in question... relative to how much was spent on the event?

Unknown said...

That's hilarious about the hickey because my husband is a big, rough guy and sometimes still leaves hickey's on my neck and it's SO embarrassing at this stage of my life! I keep trying to tell him to be gentle, then he moans that I'm killing his passion!

Unknown said...

PS: I am also fascinated by Marilyn, she's iconic!

Anonymous said...

your blog is so amazing and wonderful. I am taking the liberty of asking if we can put our website link on your blog?

here is our website : http://www.dvdsetshop.com

will appreciate about this. thx.have a nice day!

-----------------------------------------
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99,
Charmed season 1-8 DVD Boxset at $ 65.99.
Smallville Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 57.99,
Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 63.99,
The West Wing Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99
And many more stuff on sale! What are you waiting for?
Check this out: www.dvdsetshop.com