Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gadgets for Blondes

My man was away for the evening on business, so Blondie 2 invited me to the south. I know. Luckily I had my passport in my bag. So, off I went to "va souf!"
You know, just a regular girls slumber party complete with pillow fights, lingerie and heels.
Kidding.

She has this new gadget called MVix or something like that! It's an extra hardware type of thingy-majig that hooks up to the TV. You can upload movies, tv series, video's, photo's, mp3's etc...it's brilliant. Right, so it's still in the box and it's Operation Set Up. We had all the cables plugged in and it didn't work. Blondie 2 was looking at the manual (girls use these) and kept shaking her head.
B2: "I don't get it! Everything is plugged in properly!"
BB: "Yes, but is it the plug point at the wall switched on?"
B2: "Of course it is. The lamp is working."
BB: "The extension cord isn't plugged in properly."
B2: "Yes it is."
BB: "No it isn't!"
She pressed the plug in harder and voila! Seriously, the joke: "how many blondes does it take to screw in a light bulb?" should become: "how many blondes does it take to get a gadget to work and how long does it take?"
We sat for 10 minutes trying to figure this one out and we're smart girls. Don't laugh. We are. Really.

Have more to post...but running out of time - you know, deadlines and annoying stuff that always seems to get in the way of blogging. How rude!

4 comments:

Prixie said...

hahahaaaa
a passport for the south?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'm suitably impressed. With reading the manual that is. I never understand those bookie things with all the little squiggles in them...

Unknown said...

At least you guys finally got it working! But that plug thing is SO something I would do!

Miss T said...

classic :)...Hey at least you got it working in the end!