Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shiny Rectangle

I am super excited!! I'm sure many people take it for granted, but I finally got my very first laptop!
It's beautiful, shiny silver and has an LCD screen! I'm in love.

I was sitting in the News Cafe, feeling all important with my laptop out. It was amusing though. There is only one power point so all laptop owners need to sit relatively close to each other. I was sitting amongst men clad in business suits, their Excel Spreadsheets open, cups of cuppaccino's, and Blackberry's suitably placed on the table. I felt like I should be receiving an important phone call where I could bark down the phone: "Sell it! No. I said sell! No you can't move my 3 billion dollars around. Invest!"
Instead, I sat downloading photo's and playing Spider Solitaire.

I went to watch some comedy last night! It was open mic with 2 headline acts. Some was excellent and some was just embarrassingly painful.
I felt so bad for some of the "comedians" but I couldn't even muster a sympathetic laugh for them. Still, at least they had the guts/balls to get up there in the first place. You wouldn't catch me doing Stand Up. Just cos my mom and friends think I'm funny, it doesn't mean I'm stand up funny! Ha!
Al Progers and Chris Forrest (2 amazing SA Comedians) were the headline acts and they were hysterical!

Tonight I'd like to veg! I'd like to get into my pajama's, drink wine and see if I can turn my eyes into squares from watching too much TV!
Mmmm.

6 comments:

ExMi said...

congrats on the shiny rectangle.

now use it to join twenty-something-bloggers.

http://20somethings.ning.com/

more south africans are needed!

KaB said...

And that's JHB for you folks :) it's always entertaining!

Laptops are totally cool...I love mine but use it for design/ writing purposes...it's my baby! And it's totally exciting to play with it & to get to know it :)

Anywho...good luck with the tv...lots of stuff on the telly lately!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks Kab!! Always entertaining, indeed!

I spent 3 hours writing last night...it felt awesome!

Have a fab day x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Interesting Cheap Thrills...let me check it out :-)

Have a great day x

Ruby said...

oooh!!! congrats on the laptop hun!!! fun fun fun and good times!! enjoy the evening of chilling:)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks Ruby doll! :-) x