Friday, February 1, 2008

Boredom and a Bottled Friend

It's my birthday on Monday. I'm excited and I'm not! Don't have anything planned yet, but I think I'm gonna have to celebrate next weekend.

Anyways, I was sitting having my favourite salmon and cottage cheese salad with my mate Special K when I noticed a couple, in their late 30's, sitting having lunch. In the hour and a half Special K and I were there, they didn't utter a word to each other, not even "pass the salt please."
They sat eating there lunch staring off into space. After they were finished they lit a cigarette and both got out their books and starting reading.
It was so bizarre to me. All I could think of was, if they're like this now, what will they be like at 60?
Maybe they have amazing sex and are so exhausted, they can't speak. Shit, I don't know!

I'm having after work drinks with Blondie 2 tonight...we always say we'll just have one drink. I don't know who we're trying to kid.
She is just so quirky and fun. The only thing is, I may have to "fire" her as a mate. I should have a six pack tummy by now, from all the laughing we do. God she's funny. I want to bottle her and sell her. I'd make a fortune.
I can see the advert now:

Are you a miserable sod? Are you having a bad day? Are you struggling to turn that frown upside down?
Well be prepared to smile, even chuckle and roar with laughter.
Introducing the new and improved 100ml Bottle Blondie 2!
Just open the lid and feel your funny bones shake off the ol' dust.
But wait..there's more! If you call now, we'll throw in the 50ml bottle absolutely free!

Ok, I know! That's why we have copywriters out there, because I just CAN'T write adverts and slogans.
But you get the idea!

Ok, I'm off...have a wicked weekend!
Blog again on my birthday!! Byeee!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy early birthday!

find something wild and fun to do :)

Anonymous said...

Happppppppy Birthday, hope you have a good one!

How was the strictly come dancing show? Watched repeat saturday night, I hope Tanya van Graan isn't the friend of yours that is participating, she was awful, lol how could she be fHM's "sexiest" woman for the yr, she has nooooo sex appeal, she can't move her body, if it wasn't for the implants she'd be a boy with long hair. bleuch.

Ruby said...

happy birfday blondie!!!! i hope you get spoiled rotten today!!! and that the year ahead will be absolutely fabulous!
hugs and kisses

SonnyVsDan said...

at least they aren't yelling at each other? but then, that would be displaying emotion, so its probably a better example. who knows? just use it as a model of what not to be.

Happy Birthday, chicka!

Vimbai said...

Happy birthday! Hope you get lots of pressies mate!

Champagne Heathen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Blondie!!! Hope you're having a gorgeous one! I expect to see the celebration's result here just now... So I'll just wait. Wishing you much champagne for the year.

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks One Girl ;-) You're a peach!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Thanks anon! Shame, poor Tanya! Ouch!

Thanks for popping by!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Hey there Ruby...you are a little gem :-)

I really appreciate it -you spoil me with your lovely comments!!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Too true sonnyvsdan:-)

Thanks for popping by and for he b-day wishes ;-) x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Vimbai...THANK YOU!! ME TOO ;-)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Cheers Champagne ;-) You are the best x