Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Curly Sue

Wow. I don't know about you, but I've always wanted to sit down in a hairdressers chair to be insulted. I put it right up there with my "Fun Things To Do" List.
Dude.
I couldn't go to my old faithful Jeauval as I wasn't in the area and I needed to get my hair styled for a photoshoot.
This annoying little emo freak started touching my hair as if I had lice and kept squinting at me.
"Soooo...what are we doing for you today?"
"I'd like a good blow wave with a little bit of volume please."
"Mmmm... I don't think so. I think we should do a curl."
"I really don't want a curl."
"But you look like a lovely poppie."
"What?"
"Who does your hair?" Ignoring my gasp.
"Jeauval normally."
"Oooh. Your hair is in bad condition."
"I don't think so, considering it could have been a lot worse! I went from dark chocolate brown to blonde in one take and it lifted beautifully with hardly any damage."
I also know this considering I look after my locks with treatments etc...
"I can't imagine you with dark hair. Have you got a photo?"
I took out my cellphone and showed him.
"Mmmm. You look seductive with dark hair and like a bimbo with blonde."
"Wow! Are you for real? That's bloody rude."
He just smirks and starts to blow dry my hair.
I couldn't believe it. He started to curl my hair and then proceeded to tell me that he promises he wont give me curls like Patricia Lewis, comforting, but told me I have the same nose as her.
"Is that a compliment?"
"No."
"What is your problem?"
"Oh lovey, harden up."
"You shouldn't work with people."

I walked out of there feeling like shit with curly hair. Asshole.
I will never go anywhere other than my good ol' faithful Jeauval.

13 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

WAHAHHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!

Sorry that is shocking.

I thought all hairdressers are lovely Gay men who want to know ALL about your life. Well mine have been at least!

That sucks sweetheart.

You is BEEOOOUUUTIIFUUUULLL!!!

Moe Wanchuk said...

So...is this the Bimbo Blogshell now?

mylifescape said...

HAHAHAA....what an ass-HOLE! jealousy makes some people OH so nasty! I need a good hairdresser... just moved to joburg 6 weeks ago! i'll try Jeaval... the one in Rosebank? or Sandton?

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Oh my goodness that hairdresser was rude...

Hairdressers are supposed to make you feel like beautiful hair goddesses - Clearly this hairdresser DID NOT get that memo.

:)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain...some hairdressers just leave you feeling worse. What makes them think we'll come back?

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Miss M, he was unbelievable. I thought I was being pranked...I was expecting the "You're on Candid Camera" to start playing

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Moe, that's GORGEOUS BIMBO TO YOU!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

My Life Scape - can you get over the nerve?
I have been going to Jeavual now for YEARS!! 9, I think!
I go to the one in Fourways!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Being Brazen, that bloody hairdresser needs to go back to training...shocker!!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Kitty, if that was his version of customer care and he expects to have loyal clients, he is clearly mistaken. Wow! The nerve!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Kitty, if that was his version of customer care and he expects to have loyal clients, he is clearly mistaken. Wow! The nerve!

Sweets said...

unreal!!!! you should have kicked him or jammed the hairdryer up his ass... honestly i can't understand people like that!

Lopz said...

Oh my word, they should have a screening process for hairdressers.

Must be:
a) amiable
b) friendly
c) able to lie like a cheap watch if it makes customers happy
d) not a total dickhead