Are you superstitious? I guess I am. My gran used to tell us not to walk under ladders, to try and avoid cracks and if you see a black cat crossing your path, proceed with caution.
If you spill salt, pinch it with your right hand and throw it over your left shoulder.
They have become little things that are quirky and cute. Don't get me wrong, I'm not extreme, they're just fun!
It got me thinking though. There are some people who take superstitions very seriously, but I don't wanna dwell on that. Let's talk fun.
Here are some of the fun ones:
- Rats leaving a ship means the sink will ship.
- Dogs eating grass, brings rain.
- A frog brings good luck to the house it enters.
- A spider spinning in the morning is good luck.
- Carry an acorn to bring luck & ensure a long life.
- It is bad luck to change a horses name.
- It is bad luck to see an owl in sunlight.
- If you have an itchy nose, shake hands with someone. It will stop a quarrel.
- Ringing bells means a new angel received wings.
- When a boy is born under the waning moon, the next birth will be a girl, and vice versa.
- Never give a knife as a housewarming present, or your new neighbor will become an enemy.
- Cut your hair on Good Friday to prevent headaches in the year to come.
- To drop a comb while you are combing your hair is a sign of a coming disappointment.
- When someone dies and they're buried, if the person was evil, weeds will grow.
- If your bra strap keeps falling down it means a loved one is thinking of you.
- It's good luck hearing crickets singing.
- It's good luck cutting your hair during a storm.
I could go on and on, but they're cute and sweet.