Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'M early and IT'S awake....


I've just arrived at work. Yup. It's 00:30. I'll be going home when everyone is going to work. It's always slightly thrilling to go against the grain of the traffic flow. Everyone is dresses in fresh suits, cups of coffee in their car's cup holder and they move slowly but surely to their offices. Not Blondie. By that time I'm the opposite. I'm shaky and a little high strung from the 18th cup of coffee, my eyes burn and the sun is far too bright.

I'm working these "graveyard hours" for the week. I really am thankful it's just a week because shit, talk about messing with your body clock! I'll just get used to getting to bed by 8pm and waking up at midnight that when things do go back to normal, I'm yawning at 8pm and wide awake between 1 and 4am.
It's lovely. Really.

*Yawn*

I am not usually a coffee drinker, more of a "cup o' tea" gal. But lemme tell you, nothing, nothing beats coffee at 1am. I love them coffee beans and their lovely aromas and lovely little perks they bring (excuse the pun.)
I'm on my 4th cup and I'm only starting to feel the affects now! I am that tired.I can't really afford to be. I have to be on my game. I have to be alert and brilliant. *Come on body. Come on!*

OK...I have to concentrate now...Blog later when it's a decent hour!


x

10 comments:

KaB said...

I'm definitely more the tea type of girl...I found I bounce off the walls just that little too much if I've dosed myself on too much coffee! I start to freak out!

I do love the smell though...mmm...take me to Vida e anyday...the wofts of bitter roasted coffee beans make my bum hum! I love that place...sweet jaysus it's good!

KaB said...

As for the graveyard shifts...haiwenna...you are not envied...blah. Can't you 'kick the bucket' on that...somehow?!?

Len said...

I've just started writing my master's thesis, and for some reasons I am most productive between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am. yawn. lol.
It has something thrilling to be awake when everybody sleeps.

Ruby said...

hey blondie! guess who's back:)

len, you're not weird....i'm a night person, so i'm way more productive when it's dark an dthe rest of the world is asleep...pity we don't have graveyard hours...i would have worked them for sure!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Hey Len!

Good luck on your thesis! I'm a night time person too. Once I'm awake I'm awake, but that's not the problem...it's the waking up part! haha!!

Thanks for popping by x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Kab...coffee aroma is wonderful innit? *sigh*

Uh...thank God it's just a week! Phew.
x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

YAY! Welcome back Rubz!

Another night owl huh...ok seriously, you wouldn't like to do graveyard. It's too weird! x

Len said...

Once I'm awake I'm awake, but that's not the problem...it's the waking up part! haha!!

That sounds like me ;)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Hahaha!! At least we're not alone Len! LOL x

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Hahaha!! At least we're not alone Len! LOL x