Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sheer Exhaustion

I'm fucking exhausted. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but my body clock is stuffed! I can't seem to get my body to sleep at 8pm. I only start to fall asleep at 10h30 and then my alarm clock goes off at 11h30.

I'm in the office by 00h30 at home by 05h30 and then today I had my sisters Graduation at the University of Johannesburg. So proud of my little sis! Thank God my mom called me this morning, if she hadn't I would have slept the whole way through. I was late though in waking up, showering, styling hair, ironing dress and getting to UJ.

I raced through and found my family waiting in the photograph queue. We had the family pic and she looked so cute, I mean grown up, in her gown, holding her degree.

Did I mention I'm proud?

The ceremony wasn't too tedious, but I did doze off at a stage. I only woke up when my chin hit my chest. I opened my eyes to a very bright room and lots of people. I suddenly wondered if people had noticed, maybe my mouth had been open (I have a tendency to sleep with mouth WIDE open and trust me, I've tried to keep it closed.) What if I had started snoring a little?

Ok, well I know my mother would have shaken me but it could have happened.

Oh dear.

I am now back at work. I'm sticky from this heat and just exhausted.
I've had about 6 hours of sleep since Sunday. *YAWN*


No comments: